- Evaluate My Situation
- Find Alternatives to Court
- Find Court and Legal Forms
- Research the Law
- File a Case
- Finding a Party
- How to Find Lost Vital Records
- Using a Private Investigation Service
- Preparing Your Case and Yourself for District Court
- Which Court Rules Apply to My Case?
- Frequently Asked Questions About "Service"
- Document Requirements
- Filing a Motion in a Maryland Circuit Court
- Maryland Circuit Court Discovery
- Prepare for My Day in Court
- Appeal or Enforce a Decision
This is a model plan to prepare for the possibility for future violence.
Advance preparation and planning can help to protect you if abuse occurs.
How to keep your pet safe in a Domestic Violence situation
This article provides options for where a victim should go after deciding to leave an abuser.
There are many steps you can take to try to keep your personal information private.
When you leave, it is important to take certain items with you. Some people give an extra copy of papers and an extra set of clothing to a friend just in case they have to leave quickly. Plan to put these items in one place so you can grab them quickly.
Is this legal advice?
This site offers legal information, not legal advice. We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information and to clearly explain your options. However we do not provide legal advice - the application of the law to your individual circumstances. For legal advice, you should consult an attorney. The Maryland State Law Library, a court-related agency of the Maryland Judiciary, sponsors this site. In the absence of file-specific attribution or copyright, the Maryland State Law Library may hold the copyright to parts of this website. You are free to copy the information for your own use or for other non-commercial purposes with the following language “Source: Maryland's People’s Law Library – www.peoples-law.org. © Maryland State Law Library, 2013.”