Maryland Policy on Providing Translation and Interpreter Services
To request an interpreter - You have the right to have an interpreter when you have a case in the Maryland courts. You can print out the request form and take it to court as one way of asking for an interpreter. For more information contact the court ADA Coordinator.
Spanish Legal Dictionaries/Glossaries Available Online
- Spanish-English Translations of Legal Terms (Legal Aid Bureau) - A list of translations intended to clarify ambiguous or unusual terms for Spanish speakers for whom English is a second language.
- English-Spanish Legal Glossary (Superior Court of California) - Extensive glossary of legal terms, created by the Superior Court of California Sacramento County.
- Glossary of IRS Terms (Internal Revenue Service) - English-Spanish Glossary of terms used in IRS forms and publications.
- English-Spanish Legal Terminology Glossary (Utah State Courts) - A basic but helpful English-Spanish glossary created by the Utah State Courts that contains key legal terms.
- English-Spanish Dictionary of Common Legal Terms (NY Unified Court System) - A dictionary of commonly used legal terms that not only provides the Spanish equivalent of English legal terms, but also provides a definition of the word, created by the New York Unified Court System.