In the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, too many hard-working Maryland residents are facing extraordinary financial and legal issues, which are already straining the limits of our civil justice system. To help Maryland residents address and resolve these issues, the Maryland Attorney General and Maryland Access to Justice Commission launched the COVID-19 Access to Justice Task Force.
To help Marylanders address their civil legal issues, the Task Force is hosting a series of Virtual Community Forums, both in English and Spanish. The upcoming schedule includes:
- August 31 - Evictions, Court Preparation, and Mediation
- September 23 - Consumer Debt
- September 30 - Eviction Prevention
- October 7 - Surviving Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation
- October 14 - Economic & Food Security
- October 21 - Life and Health Planning
- October 28 - TBD
Learn about the eviction process, moratoriums, preparing for court, and how mediation can help.
What will be covered:
- Eviction Prevention Orders: CDC Order/Governor's Order
- Potential defenses to eviction and what documents to bring to court
- Getting dangerous conditions repaired
When: Wednesday, September 30 at 6:00pm
Virtual Meeting Details: YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/kPuzbKYyIz M
Phone: 301-715-8592 ; Meeting ID: 965 1900 0455; Passcode: 891825
You can submit questions in two ways:
- During the Community Forum: Use the chat feature on YouTube (you must be logged into YouTube); OR
- During the Community Forum or Before: Email A2JTF@oag.state.md.us with the subject line: “Eviction Prevention Question."