Legal Assistance (https://www.peoples-law.org/legal-assistance-0)
The HopeWorks' Legal Department provides civil legal services to victims of sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, stalking, and child abuse. Our services include brief advice, information and referrals, representation and consultation in peace and protective order matters, crime victims' rights, divorce, custody, and other family law proceddings. We also provide consultation and accompaniment with survivors in criminal cases. HopeWorks also provides advocacy services, counseling services, emergency shelter and transitional housing services.
Other services for survivors, include:
- Sexual Assault Hospital Accompaniment Program (SAHAP)
- Individual and group counseling
- Emergency and transitional shelter
- Legal advice
- Information, referral, accompaniment and representation in court
- Abuser intervention program
- Community awareness and prevention services
- Pet-safe program.
Please Note: Howard County representation individual does not need to be a Howard County resident.