Unemployment Insurance Benefits - 4. Resources
If you are unemployed, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits in Maryland. The Maryland Department of Labor's (DOL) Division of Unemployment Insurance handles the Unemployment Insurance program. There are four articles in this series with information on eligibility, applying, appealing a denial, and other resources. This article provides statewide resources for getting help with your unemployment benefits claim.
Department of Labor
- Maryland Unemployment Insurance Claimant Guide
- Beacon is a 24/7 one-stop portal for both regular and CARES Act Unemployment Insurance Claims
- Video tutorials for using Beacon
MVLS’ mission is to connect low-income Marylanders with volunteer lawyers and community partners to deliver free civil legal assistance
Working hard with Marylanders with disabilities to work through this difficult time.
Provides help with food, healthcare, rent or mortgage, utility or other bills, childcare, or other essential services.
- Call 211, or if can’t connect, dial:
- 410-685-0525 Greater Baltimore Area or
- 1-800-492-0618 rest of Maryland
- Text you ZIP Code to 898 211.
Assists low-income Montgomery County residents with obtaining free legal representation and consultation
- Legal Clinics
- Provides access to justice through brief advice clinics, direct representation, and pro bono representation
- To educate, represent and empower low-income residents of Prince George’s County
- Kent, Talbot, Caroline & Dorchester Counties Only
- Mission is to connect low-income individuals and families on the mid-shore with voluntary attorneys and community resources
- Allegany County residents only
- Providing quality legal services to low-income residents and senior citizens in Allegany Count
This article series was produced by the Economic & Food Security Committee of the Maryland Attorney General's Covid-19 Access to Justice Taskforce.