All victim services are free and confidential:
- Individual counseling
- 24/7 help-line
- 24/7 emergency shelter
- Periodic support groups
- JEWELS group for women experiencing co-occurring trauma and addiction
- Advocacy with other systems to assist with housing, financial, employment, day care, legal, medical, and other needs.
- Accompaniment to legal, medical, and other related appointments
- Free 911 cell phones
- Temporary Shelter for dogs and cats, and necessary veterinary care through HART for Animals
The Dove Center provides services to adults and children who are:
- Victims of domestic violence
- Children who have witnessed domestic violence
- Adults molested as children
- Victims of rape/sexual assault
- Victims of emotional, physical, or sexual abuse or neglect
- Victims of stalking
- Victims of teen dating violence
- Adult victims of past child abuse
The Dove Center Main office is located at 882 Memorial Drive in Oakland. An outreach counseling office is located in Grantsville, and is staffed 2 days per week. We are able to see children in all of the County schools, during the school day. We also spend at least one day per week on the campus of Garrett College. Speakers’ Bureau is available to speak to your community, civic, or professional group at any time.
Additionally, the Dove Center offers group counseling for individuals who are abusive, and wish to change. For more information, go to the Abuse Intervention Program tab on this web-site.