Tuesdays 9:30am – 1pm
First Thursday of the month 5pm–7:30pm
Hotline services are free and available to anyone who lives or works in Maryland.
The Employment Law Hotline will answer questions about:
- Discrimination in hiring, firing, promotions and other working conditions
- Pay equity
- Sexual harassment
- Discrimination based on pregnancy
- Family or medical leave issues
- Unpaid wages
- Contract issues
- Minimum wage and overtime violations
- Being punished by the employer for having acted together with other employees to improve working conditions
- Issues related to immigrant and part-time workers
- Eligibility for unemployment insurance
The Employment Law Hotline attorney will not represent you and will not review or draft any documents for you. The attorney may suggest self-help measures you can take. You may be referred to a social service or governmental agency for assistance.
Callers with viable cases may be referred to the Women’s Law Center’s employment law attorney referral panel. Additionally, you may be referred to a lawyer referral program that may be able to find you an attorney who will charge low or moderate fees.
The Employment Law Hotline answers questions from women and men about a wide range of employment law issues. However, the Women’s Law Center is especially interested in helping callers with problems that predominately impact women.