If you are in a situation in which it is important for you to know your legal rights, but are confused about how to find a lawyer, the LAWYER REFERRAL SERVICE can assist you by telephone:
HOW IT WORKS
- A representative will assist you in locating and referring you to an attorney who is well versed in the area of law needed.
- A fee will be charged by the attorney for a 30 minute in-office consultation. If your consultation with the attorney exceeds the
30-minute period, he or she may charge additional fees based on their normal hourly rate.
- OUT OF STATE REFERRALS: If you are not a resident of Maryland, your 30-minute consultation with your attorney will be conducted over the phone. Out-of-state referrals must be paid in advance via check or credit card.
- MULTIPLE LANGUAGES: We do have lawyers on our panel who speak several languages. If you need this service, please request that at the time of referral.
- REDUCED FEE SERVICES: You may qualify for the Lawyer Referral Reduced Fee Program, if your income falls within certain prescribed guidelines. For further details, ask the Lawyer Referral Service about the REDUCED FEE and GRAY PANEL programs