The Maryland Medical Assistance Program, also known as Medicaid, is a very important program for people with disabilities and provides many healthcare services that can enable people with disabilities to live in the community or return to the community from institutions such as hospitals or nursing homes. The Maryland Disability Law Center, the Protection & Advocacy System for the rights of Marylanders with disabilities, has a number of booklets on the services and programs available under Medical Assistance including one booklet concerning children’s services, one concerning services for adults, and one related to coverage of communication devices. All the booklets are available in Spanish translations.
- Accessing Services for Children with Developmental Disabilities through Maryland Medical Assistance/Medicaid and MCHP
- Cómo Obtener Servicios para Niños con Discapacidades de Desarrollo a través de Medicaid/Asistencia Médica en Maryland y MCHP
- Accessing Services for Adults Age 21 and Older with Developmental Disabilities through Maryland Medical Assistance/Medicaid
- Cómo Obtener Servicios para Adultos Mayores de 21 con Discapacidades de Desarrollo a través del Programa de Asistencia Médica de Maryland/Medicaid
- How to Obtain Communication Devices From Medical Assistance/Medicaid
- Cómo Obtener Dispositivos de Comunicación a través de Asistencia Médica/Medicaid