MVLS’s mission is to provide quality civil legal assistance to Marylanders with limited income at low or no cost. Qualifying clients are matched with a volunteer lawyer who takes the case for free.
Apply for help online:
MVLS closes over 3,000 cases per year in a variety of civil legal matters, and has approximately 1,600 volunteer attorneys.
MVLS may be able to accept the following case types:
- Guardianship (Adult and Child)
- Name Changes/Birth Certificate Corrections
- Unaccompanied Youth Project
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Foreclosure & Tax Sale
- Deed Changes
- Ground Rent
- Other Property Issues
- Bankruptcy (Chapter 7)
- Contract and other consumer disputes
- Income Tax Disputes
- Estate Planning and Administration (small estates)
- Uninsured Motorist Tort
- Non-Profit Organizations
Language Line Translation Services. Services in Spanish. Se habla Español.