The Protection Order Advocacy and Representation Project (POARP) can provide you with a free attorney to represent you in protection order hearings if you have been abused by an intimate partner (current or past boyfriend/girlfriend, current or ex-spouse) and your case is in Baltimore City, Baltimore County or Carroll County.
POARP services are free and can include:
- Help filling out the Petition for Protection from Domestic Violence
- Representation in court in protective order hearings
- Help enforcing or changing a protective order
- Helping you develop a plan to keep yourself safe
- Accompaniment to criminal court hearings and assistance through the criminal process
- Referrals to other programs in the community that may be able to help you
To request a lawyer to represent you or to get more information about the protective order process, contact the POARP office in the county where you are going to court.
Baltimore City: 410-783-0377
Baltimore County: 410-887-3162
Carroll County: 410-386-2440